Operators of commercial trucks have a responsibility to obey the laws of the road. These laws are in place to not only protect other drivers, but also to protect the truck operators themselves. Due to their massive size, commercial trucks can cause serious damage in an accident.
At Dreyer Boyajian LaMarche Safranko, we have an in-depth knowledge of the laws that are meant to prevent these catastrophic injuries from happening. If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, contact our personal injury lawyers for a free consultation. We want to help you recover the financial damages you deserve.
How Fault Is Determined in Trucking Accidents
During your case, your personal injury attorney will attempt to identify the ways in which the operator or the employer failed to adequately protect the other drivers on the road. Using our understanding of the law, we investigate the circumstances that led up to the accident.
Common situations that lead to trucking accidents include:
- Truck driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck driver did not take the required rest at the appointed time
- Truck driver failed to stop at a weight check and perform safety inspections
- Employer required truck driver to carry more weight than legally permissible
- Employer did not provide regular safety inspections or appropriate maintenance on the vehicle
- Manufacturer sold faulty or defective equipment to the truck company
When building your case, we carefully review the truck driver’s log, his or her driving history, the police reports, the scene of the accident, and every other detail that pertains to your case.
Compassionate Counsel & Aggressive Pursuit of Justice
Our boutique law firm provides personalized attention and dedicated service to all our personal injury clients. We are particularly passionate about injury prevention, seeking to make sure that those responsible for your injury are not able to cause harm to anyone else in the future.